February 2, 2023
City Hall Council Chambers
46 North Ave
Tallmadge, OH 44278
Planning & Zoning Commission Meeting
Thursday, February 2, 2023
Section 1102.04 PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION (PZC)
A. Authority. The PZC is authorized to act as the administrative commission as provided by the City Charter. It shall have the responsibilities as set forth in the City Charter, including but not limited to the following responsibilities and powers as they relate to this Zoning Code here and elsewhere:
- Initiate advisable Official Zoning District Map changes, or changes in the text of the Code where same will promote the best interest of the public in general through recommendation to the City Council.
- Review all proposed amendments to the text of this Code and the Official Zoning District Map and make recommendations to the City Council.
- Carry on a continuous review of the effectiveness and appropriateness of this Code and recommend such changes or amendments as it feels would be appropriate.
- Review and act on site plan applications and requisite documents.
- Review all applications for Conditional Uses and make recommendations to Council.
B. Meetings. The PZC meets monthly and at the call of its chairperson or two other members, and at such other regular times as it may, by rule determine.
C. Quorum. The PZC shall require a quorum of three members at all its meetings, and a concurring vote of three members shall be necessary to affect an order.
D. Witnesses. The PZC Chairperson or acting Chairperson may administer oaths and compel the attendance of witnesses in all matters coming before the Commission.