COVID-19 Tallmadge Recreation Center Reopening
Tallmadge Recreation Center Reopening
Updated February 26, 2021 — The Tallmadge Recreation Center believes the safety and wellbeing of our community is of the utmost importance. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been making changes to our operations to provide the safest possible environment. We continue to follow the guidelines released by the State of Ohio and Summit County Public Health. As we continue to take additional precautions to help slow the spread of COVID-19 the following guidelines are in place at the Tallmadge Recreation Center.
Modified Facility Hours (as of October 26, 2020)
5 am-9 pm
5 am-8 pm
Saturday & Sunday
8 am-6 pm
Modified Childcare Hours (as of February 22, 2021)
9 am-12 pm and 3 pm-7 pm
9 am-12 pm
8 am- 12 pm
All users must wear masks except when actively working out on a piece of equipment, actively participating in a group fitness class, pickleball game or sports practice. Masks must still be worn while using the track, observing a practice or game, using child care (for children over age 2), and in all public areas of the Rec Center. Masks will be required at all times during “at-risk” user hours. These hours are currently offered Monday-Friday, 1-3 pm. If someone has a medical reason they cannot wear a mask, they must wear a face shield that covers their full face to below the chin. Masks are still preferred over face shields. This policy will remain in effect indefinitely.
The basketball courts and soccer field may be rented for team practices. Players actively participating in the practice do not need to wear masks. Courts may not be rented for open play. This policy will remain in effect indefinitely.
Members ages 15 and under
All members ages 15 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian age 18 or older at all times within the facility.
Individual Area Guidelines
- Second Floor Fitness Area
- The strength, free weight and cardio areas will be open. Users must sanitize the equipment before and after use.
- Soccer Field
- The field will be open for individual or small group practice. No pickup games will be permitted.
- Users must bring their own equipment.
- Basketball Courts
- Court 1 & 3 will be open for basketball. Play is limited to one person or household per hoop.
- No pickup games will be permitted.
- Court 2 will be open for Pickleball Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 6 am-noon.
- Court 4 will be in use by fitness classes.
- Pickleball and basketball players must bring their own equipment.
- Attendance will be limited to 9 children on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- School age children must wear masks.
- The large play structure will remain closed.
- The track will be open for walkers and runners. Users should maintain distance between other groups and are asked to walk/run single file.
- Group fitness classes continue to be added. Members should bring their own mat. Check with the front desk for an updated schedule.
- Limited cubbies and lockers are available for use.
- All showers remain unavailable.
- Water fountains and bottle filling stations are unavailable. Members should bring their own water bottles and water.
Cancellations and Postponements
- All rentals hall and pavilion rentals have been canceled through April 4, 2021.
- All Primetimers events and meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
We continue to monitor all COVID-19 guidelines and recommendations and are adapting programming and operations as needed. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in cancelation of your membership. If you still do not feel comfortable returning to the Recreation Center at this time, we can continue to hold your membership until the state of emergency related to COVID-19 is lifted. We appreciate your cooperation