COVID-19 Tallmadge Recreation Center Reopening
Tallmadge Recreation Center Reopening
Updated October 20, 2020 — We are excited to welcome you back into the Recreation Center! We have reviewed the Responsible RestartOhio guidelines and adjusted our layout and operations accordingly. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment for our employees and members alike. Because of this, the Recreation Center you will see upon your return will look a bit different than the one you left in March. Here are a few things to know:
As the weather turns colder, we understand many of you are anxious to return to our facility and your workout routines. We are happy to announce several changes to better serve you as you consider returning to indoor workouts.
First, we are extending our hours for the Recreation Center and for Childcare.
MODIFIED FACILITY HOURS
We will have new hours of operation beginning Monday, October 26, 2020.
|Monday-Thursday||5 am-9 pm|
|Friday||5 am-8 pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||8 am-6 pm|
MODIFIED CHILDCARE HOURS
We will have new childcare hours beginning Monday, November 2, 2020.
|9 am-12 pm and 3 pm-8 pm|
|9 am-12 pm and 3 pm-7 pm|
|8 am-12 pm|
Second, members ages 15 and under will be permitted to use the facility to work out beginning Monday, November 2, 2020. Ages 13 and older may do so without a parent present. Parents must request reinstatement of their child’s membership and must sign both a COVID-19 waiver and an understanding of current facility guidelines prior to your child returning to the facility. Due to current guidelines, group games and loitering are not permitted. Contact the Recreation Center for information.
Current Facility Guidelines (in effect until further notice)
- We will be open to members and guests of members only. Upon scanning, you will be asked if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms. Anyone who is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or has been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter.
- Members may bring up to two (2) guests each day. Guests must have a valid photo ID (age 16 and older) and arrive with the member.
- Currently, our maximum capacity for the Recreation Center is set at 750 people.
- Masks are required
- Masks are required in all common areas, such as the lobby, hallways, and bathrooms regardless of social distancing.
- Masks are required while playing basketball or pickleball on the basketball courts, on the soccer field and on the track. Runners on the track are not required to wear a mask but are strongly encouraged to do so as a courtesy to walkers and other users.
- Masks may be removed while actively working out in the second-floor fitness area, four corners of fitness or in a group exercise class where 6-foot social distance can be maintained.
Individual Area Guidelines
- Second Floor Fitness Area
- The strength, free weight and cardio areas will be open. Users must sanitize the equipment before and after use.
- Soccer Field
- The field will be open for individual or small group practice. No pickup games will be permitted.
- Users must bring their own equipment.
- Basketball Courts
- Court 1 will be open for basketball. Play is limited to one person or household per hoop.
- No pickup games will be permitted.
- Court 2 will be open for Pickleball Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 6 am-noon.
- Court 3 and 4 will be in use by fitness classes.
- Pickleball and basketball players must bring their own equipment.
- Attendance will be limited to 9 children on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- School age children must wear masks.
- The large play structure will remain closed.
- The track will be open for walkers and runners. Users should maintain distance between other groups and are asked to walk/run single file.
- Miscellaneous Information
- Group fitness classes continue to be added. Members should bring their own mat. Check with the front desk for an updated schedule.
- Limited cubbies, quarter lockers and locker room lockers are available for use.
- All showers are unavailable.
- Water fountains and bottle filling stations will not be available at this time. Members should bring their own water bottles and water.
These guidelines and protocols have been put in place in accordance with the Responsible RestartOhio guidelines. We appreciate your cooperation in following them. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in cancelation of your membership. If you still do not feel comfortable returning to the Recreation Center at this time, we can continue to hold your membership until the state of emergency related to COVID-19 is lifted.
We are continuously evaluating our policies and operations to offer the best services in the safest way possible.