COVID-19 Tallmadge Recreation Center Reopening
Recreation Center Reopening June 1
Updated June 15, 2020 — We are excited to welcome you back into the Recreation Center! We have reviewed the Responsible RestartOhio guidelines and adjusted our layout and operations accordingly. We are dedicated to creating a safe environment for our employees and members alike. Because of this, the Recreation Center you will see upon your return will look a bit different than the one you left in March. Here are a few things to know:
We will have new hours of operation to allow time for deep cleaning and disinfection of the facility.
|Monday-Thursday||6 am-12 pm AND 3 pm-7 pm|
|Friday||6 am-12 pm|
|Saturday||10 am-2 pm|
Guidelines for entering the facility
- We will be open to members only, ages 16 and older. Members will enter through the middle set of doors to scan their cards. Upon scanning, members will sign a COVID-19 waiver and be asked screening questions. If someone is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or has been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, they will be asked to leave and return once they are symptom free.
- All members are encouraged to wear a mask. All our employees will be wearing masks.
- Currently, our maximum capacity for the Recreation Center is set at 200 members. Once the 200-member limit is reached, no one will be allowed in until someone leaves.
Areas open within the facility
During this initial opening phase, we will have limited areas of the building open.
- Second Floor Fitness Area
- The strength, free weight and cardio areas will be open. Equipment has been moved to maintain proper distance.
- Each member will be given a spray bottle and towel when they enter the fitness area. Members will be required to sanitize the equipment before and after use. Members will turn these bottles in at the end of their workouts so they can be sanitized and returned to rotation.
- Basketball Courts
- Bikes, rowers and other equipment have been moved to Court 1. Sanitizing wipes are located on the court and members should wipe the equipment before and after use.
- Courts 2-4 remain closed until group play may resume.
- The track will be open for walkers and runners. Users should maintain distance between other groups and are asked to walk/run single file.
- Members will be asked to maintain distance while in the bathroom. The locker rooms and showers will be unavailable for use. Please come dressed to work out.
- Water fountains and bottle filling stations will not be available at this time. Members should bring their own water bottles and water.
- Childcare remains closed until further notice.
- Fitness classes may be added in July depending on interest from members and instructors.
We have increased our already stringent cleaning procedures throughout our facility and have dedicated staff to clean all high-touch areas continuously throughout the day. Thank you in advance for your assistance and cooperation in cleaning the fitness equipment before and after you use it. We will provide you with the supplies to accomplish this.
These guidelines and protocols have been put in place in accordance with the Responsible RestartOhio guidelines. We appreciate your cooperation in following them. Those who do not feel comfortable returning to the facility at this time may request to keep their membership on hold until they are comfortable coming back.
We are currently planning to open other areas of the facility in phases as permitted by the various authorities and as safety permits. We will announce openings of other areas as appropriate and will keep you informed as changes occur.
Recreation Center Reopening Guidelines
- The Recreation Center will be open to members only, ages 16 and over, until further notice.
- Six feet of distance is required for members and employees at all times (social distancing). All equipment has been measured and placed no closer than 6 feet apart.
- All members will be required to sanitize their hands upon entering the facility.
- Signage outlining the symptoms of COVID-19 will be posted at the entrance. Members are required to conduct a self-assessment and answer COVID-19 screening questions upon arrival. Anyone reporting symptoms will not be permitted to enter the facility.
- Members are encouraged to wear masks.
- All employees are required to wear masks.
- Upon entrance to the second-floor fitness area, each member will be given a spray bottle and towel. Members are required to sanitize equipment before and after use. Spray bottles should be returned to the fitness desk for sanitization when finished.
- Recreation Center staff will continuously complete disinfection of all high-touch areas, surfaces, equipment, and restrooms.
- Signage will be posted throughout the facility outlining screening/symptoms, handwashing/sanitizing, distancing guidelines and directional cues.
- Doors will be propped open when possible to eliminate high-touch areas.
- Showers, lockers and cubbies will not be available for use. Members are encouraged to come dressed to workout and clean up at home.
- Restrooms should have limited users and users are asked to maintain social distancing.
- Employees will be provided manuals and training as it pertains to COVID-19 prevention and mandates required.
- Employees will complete a self-assessment prior to coming to work and will not be permitted to come to work if exhibiting symptoms.
- A “lost and found” will not be maintained.
- Water fountains and bottle filling stations will not be available. Please bring water from home.
- The Recreation Center will be opening in phases. At this initial phase, certain areas will not be available, and hours will be limited to provide employees time to sanitize the facility.