Recreation at Home
The Tallmadge Parks and Recreation Department is committed to serving our community, even if not in-person. These Recreation at Home resources can provide entertaining, educational and inspiring resources to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle, build and continue meaningful relationships and experience new things.
Bookmark this page on your home web browser or follow us on Facebook for updates on our operational status and ideas to keep you and your loved ones healthy, informed and engaged.
Please note: We do not endorse or receive funds to advertise any of the third-party sites or services listed or referenced on this page.
- These SilverSneakers fitness classes are great for older adults
- Feeling stressed or anxious? Try this yoga video for stress and anxiety or this one for beginners!
- Cosmic Kids Yoga can help you kids relax, too.
- You can find a variety of fitness videos for all interests and levels with Bodyfit by Amy or FitnessBlender on YouTube.
- Get the whole family active with this family workout.
- Miss Zumba? Here's a Latin Dance workout for your living room!
- Try this outdoor HIIT workout in your backyard or at the park
- See if you can conquer the Spell Your Name workout.
- Calm down with guided meditation or learn how to boost your mood naturally.
- Use your time at home to learn to cook some healthy recipes. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Access the Akron Public Library's digital content and eBooks.
- Make screen time educational with PBS Kids, ABCya, Smarty Games or FunBrain.
- Tour some of the world's best museums.
- Learn to draw with your kids.
- Try this Lego building challenge calendar or these fun build-together projects from Lego.
- Try new crafts with your kids with ideas here or here.
- Adults can explore their crafty side with these DIY projects.
- Learn to be a National Park Service Junior Ranger.
- Make Glitter Calm Down Jars. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Try some family fun with these outdoor games.
- Test your brain with a crossword puzzle from USA Today or the LA Times.
- Learn some new jokes.
- Do a jigsaw puzzle.
- Try some family-friendly Minute to Win It games.
- Play a board game.
- Have a Family Disney Sing Along!
- Create a giant Chutes and Ladders game.
- Create an indoor or outdoor obstacle course. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>