- City Council
- Legal Notices
Ordinance 2023-17 – Tallmadge Council expresses intent to sell unneeded, obsolete, or unfit municipal personal property including but not limited to vehicles and equipment by internet and/or auto auction in calendar year 2023. That the sales shall be conducted by the Director of Public Service, his designee, or agent under the following terms and conditions:
- Internet auctions, including but not limited to eBay, Edinburg Auto Auction, Facebook Market Place, GovDeals.com, and other similar service providers may be utilized. The City may also utilize its own website. Fees for this service shall not exceed those reasonable and customary for such services.
- The minimum number of days for bidding on property shall be no less than fourteen including Saturdays, Sundays, and legal holidays.
- The Director of Public Service may conduct the auction directly or may negotiate with a representative to conduct the auction.
- The Mayor is authorized to sign any documents necessary to establish the procedures if a representative is used.
- The terms of sale shall be cash or certified funds prior to or upon delivery or other form of prepayment without risk of loss to the City.
- A minimum price shall be established for specific items. Other terms and conditions of the particular sale may be established, including requirements for pick-up or delivery, method of payment, and sales tax.