How to Apply for a Permit
To obtain a Zoning Permit (Single Family Residences, Additions, Fences, Pools, Decks, etc.) :
- Applicant must complete a Zoning Permit Application
- It is a requirement that ALL setbacks are indicated on the Zoning Permit Application.
- A detailed site plan showing property boundaries, all structures on the property and proposed structure(s) is needed.
- A set of building plans is required.
- Typical processing of a Zoning Permit is 3-5 business days.
- A zoning permit is needed prior to issuance of a building permit.
To obtain a Street Opening Permit (for projects within the city's right-of-way):
- Fill out a Street Opening Permit Application.
- Submit the application to the Zoning Department.
- Prior to beginning the project, a pre-inspection will need to be scheduled with the Street Department at 330-633-5130.
- All projects within the city's right-of-way require at minimum a $50 permit fee and *$100 bond.
- *Depending on the project a higher bond may be set by the Public Service Department.
- A final inspection must be scheduled and approved with the Street Department prior to the release of the bond.
To obtain a Water and/or Sewer Permit (new tap-in):
- It is important to determine whether or not the parcel is Tallmadge Water and/or Sewer before making application. If you do not know, the Water Department can confirm at 330-633-0851.
- Submit a Water and/or Sewer Permit Application to the Zoning Department prior to tap-in.
- *The contractor making the sewer tie-in must be a registered plumber.
- Inspections must be scheduled through the Water Department.
To obtain a Use and Occupancy permit (new business or change of use):
- Submit a completed application for Use and Occupancy to the Zoning Department
- A floor plan must be provided with application
- A brief explanation of services must be provided with application
- The Zoning Department will review for zoning compliance
- The Fire Department will review for fire safety compliance
- Permit will be issued after both departments grant approval